Strappy back bikini top: Merckwaerdigh BHST2

This project has been a bit of an adventure.  It started out as an attempt to knock-off a RTW bikini top.  Followed by some pattern-work to change the seamlines on a bra cup.  While it worked in terms of fit, the style lines didn’t really suit me.  So in the end, I used the design…

Controlled Exposure Mountain Pants

These are photos of a pair of Goretex pants that I made for DH back in 2010.  The pattern is Controlled Exposure #55 – Mountain Pants.  It was originally reviewed on Pattern Review.  Apologies if you’ve seen this before, but I was trying to fix the photo links for someone but I’m getting an error…

Blue and orange tankini (Merckwaerdigh MIX5L)

My new tankini is finished and I love how it has turned out.  The printed panel was not as easy to work with as I first thought, but I’m really happy with how the print works with this design. The pattern is Merckwaerdigh MIX5L, view D.  Which is a tankini version of the bras I…

Jalie 3351 swimshorts

Lately, I’ve been getting a lot of use from a pair of swimshorts that I made a couple of years ago using the Jalie 3351 pattern.  I’ve found them good to wear kayaking or for a social swim & BBQ up a the lake. When I made the first pair, I picked the size based…

New swimsuit

I’ve been working on a new swimsuit using the blue & orange printed panel, originally from Jets, that I bought from The Remnant Warehouse.  I loved the colours in the print but deciding what to do with it was a real headache.

Lekala 5917: Goretex Jacket

For the last 10 years I’ve been wanting to make a Goretex jacket.  The RTW one I use for skiing and hiking was designed for  someone much taller than I am.  Making my own would mean I get a good fit plus have control over pocket styles and added extras like pit zips and detachable…