Controlled Exposure Mountain Pants

These are photos of a pair of Goretex pants that I made for DH back in 2010.  The pattern is Controlled Exposure #55 – Mountain Pants.  It was originally reviewed on Pattern Review.  Apologies if you’ve seen this before, but I was trying to fix the photo links for someone but I’m getting an error…

Designer inspired polos (Kwiksew 3532)

It seams that the theme of the month is stripes!  I’ve been having a bit of fun creating ‘designer knock-off’ polo shirts.   Here are the finished shirts…     The inspiration I had bookmarked these two polo tops by Sportalm to knock-off.  Both are based on a colour-blocked polo shirt.   The fabrics This is…

Blue and orange tankini (Merckwaerdigh MIX5L)

My new tankini is finished and I love how it has turned out.  The printed panel was not as easy to work with as I first thought, but I’m really happy with how the print works with this design. The pattern is Merckwaerdigh MIX5L, view D.  Which is a tankini version of the bras I…

Jalie 3351 swimshorts

Lately, I’ve been getting a lot of use from a pair of swimshorts that I made a couple of years ago using the Jalie 3351 pattern.  I’ve found them good to wear kayaking or for a social swim & BBQ up a the lake. When I made the first pair, I picked the size based…

New swimsuit

I’ve been working on a new swimsuit using the blue & orange printed panel, originally from Jets, that I bought from The Remnant Warehouse.  I loved the colours in the print but deciding what to do with it was a real headache.

Vogue 9128 and a strapless bra

This is my second version of Vogue 9128.   The first version I made was using a dark chocolate printed mesh with a little bit of bling (clearance fabric at $2/m).  It was just supposed to be a tester for the pattern but it turned out really well.  The peplum has just enough flare to gently…