Oriental inspired bra

Unlike yesterday,  I’ve engage my brain today.  I’ve made up the second bra kit and this one has been quite successful.  The difference is probably down to my approach.  Yesterday, I took a design and tried to make it fit the fabrics.  Today,  I did it the other way around.  Here is the process. Advertisements

A master bra pattern

The last few years I’ve been treating myself to a couple of bra kits and a lingerie pattern as a Christmas present to myself. Truth be told I’ve been a little slack in actually making them up. So this year, my Christmas present will be to actually make up the kits and try some new…

Strappy back bikini top: Merckwaerdigh BHST2

This project has been a bit of an adventure.  It started out as an attempt to knock-off a RTW bikini top.  Followed by some pattern-work to change the seamlines on a bra cup.  While it worked in terms of fit, the style lines didn’t really suit me.  So in the end, I used the design…

Red and black set : Merckwaerdigh BHST2

This is a bit of a catch-up post as I actually finished this before Valentines day.  But you know how it is.  You have good intentions of posting quickly but life has other plans.  The pattern that I’m trialling this time is Merckwaerdigh BHST2 view B.  I’ve had the pattern for ages, originally bought through…

Blue and orange tankini (Merckwaerdigh MIX5L)

My new tankini is finished and I love how it has turned out.  The printed panel was not as easy to work with as I first thought, but I’m really happy with how the print works with this design. The pattern is Merckwaerdigh MIX5L, view D.  Which is a tankini version of the bras I…

Jalie 3351 swimshorts

Lately, I’ve been getting a lot of use from a pair of swimshorts that I made a couple of years ago using the Jalie 3351 pattern.  I’ve found them good to wear kayaking or for a social swim & BBQ up a the lake. When I made the first pair, I picked the size based…

Vogue 9128 and a strapless bra

This is my second version of Vogue 9128.   The first version I made was using a dark chocolate printed mesh with a little bit of bling (clearance fabric at $2/m).  It was just supposed to be a tester for the pattern but it turned out really well.  The peplum has just enough flare to gently…