Strappy back bikini top: Merckwaerdigh BHST2

This project has been a bit of an adventure.  It started out as an attempt to knock-off a RTW bikini top.  Followed by some pattern-work to change the seamlines on a bra cup.  While it worked in terms of fit, the style lines didn’t really suit me.  So in the end, I used the design…

Blue and orange tankini (Merckwaerdigh MIX5L)

My new tankini is finished and I love how it has turned out.  The printed panel was not as easy to work with as I first thought, but I’m really happy with how the print works with this design. The pattern is Merckwaerdigh MIX5L, view D.  Which is a tankini version of the bras I…

Jalie 3351 swimshorts

Lately, I’ve been getting a lot of use from a pair of swimshorts that I made a couple of years ago using the Jalie 3351 pattern.  I’ve found them good to wear kayaking or for a social swim & BBQ up a the lake. When I made the first pair, I picked the size based…

New swimsuit

I’ve been working on a new swimsuit using the blue & orange printed panel, originally from Jets, that I bought from The Remnant Warehouse.  I loved the colours in the print but deciding what to do with it was a real headache.

Merckwaerdigh BAD24

The swimsuit 2016: Part 2

My togs are finished and road- swim- tested!   Armed with the English instructions the pieces went together like a breeze.  I’m really happy with how they have turned out.  You can see part 1 here. Construction The instructions are concise but very clear.  You are guided as to what stitch to use on each step. …

The swimsuit 2016: Part 1

Finally, I’m summoned up the courage to tackle this swimsuit (a.k.a. togs).  It has only taken 4 years, but I think it will be worth the wait.  The pattern is Merckwaerdigh BAD 24.  I fell in love with it the first time I saw it.  It is very distinctive and I was particularly attracted to…